Volkswagen on COVID-19
Dear valued Volkswagen customers,
Volkswagen South Africa is now fully operational and following guidelines of the level 1 lockdown regulation issued on the 28th February 2021.
Dealerships have prepared for full operations in the following phases;
Phase One – Dealerships are operating with a maximum of 30% of staff members and the majority of car sales are done remotely (via the internet or telephone). Home deliveries of fully sanitised vehicles are mandatory.
Phase Two – Dealerships will be operating with up to 60% of staff members and limited customers can enter the dealership under stringent hygiene and social distancing conditions. On-site pick-ups and deliveries of fully sanitised cars will be conducted.
Phase Three – Current phase; Dealerships will be operating with 100% staff and customers will be allowed on-site (although this will still be kept to a minimum).
In all three phases, test drives can only be arranged on appointment while car auctions must be conducted online.
Safety and Hygiene precautions have been implemented which include:
- Deep-clean of the premises
- Social distancing measures
- Hand sanitizing stations
- Revised processes for vehicle handover at sale and service
- Continuous disinfecting of all surfaces, door handles and restrooms throughout the day
- Health of dealership staff monitored daily
- Staff equipped with appropriate PPE
- Vulnerable customers at higher risk may request the collection and return of their vehicle
Sales and Aftersales Services at Dealerships
Customers wanting to visit the dealership are requested to:
- Make an appointment for scheduled service or repair before visiting the dealership
- Wear a mask at all times in the dealership
Do not visit a dealership if you are feeling unwell.
While we would welcome your visit, don't forget that we have a number of online services for your convenience. These will allow you to for example, book a service and carry out a financial services enquiry.
- Roadside assistance is operational for further queries - Roadside Assistance Contact Details: Volkswagen Alert: 0860 434 737 or +27 41 994 5615 (for cross border).
- The Customer Interaction Centre (CIC) will be also be available to assist with queries sent through Volkswagen South Africa's various social media platforms, at a limited capacity.
Thank you for your on-going support and co-operation. We wish you and your family good health and safety during this time and look forward to seeing you soon.
Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time in our country. Please stay safe and stay home so that we can journey together again.